Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice. Drizzle soy sauce over rice, add chicken and stir to combine well. Stir in cabbage mixture and half of I agree with previous reviewers next time I will add more veggies like peas and carrots, taste like it was missing something. An ideal dish for dinner, lunch and lovers of a hearty breakfast.
Ingredients of Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice
- It’s 1 packages of chicken legs and thighs.
- It’s 1 of Cabbage.
- It’s 8 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of crushed pineapple.
- It’s 1 can of mandarins.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of lemon pepper.
- Prepare of curry powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of mandarin juice.
- You need pinch of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 6 slice of bacon.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
A tasty soup from a cookbook called "Lean and Lovin' It". Cut down on the white pepper and cayenne for a less spicy soup. Add cabbage and lemon slices to the broth/rice. Add chicken, parsley, salt, white pepper and cayenne.
Tasty Island Chicken with fried cabbage, cornbread and rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and trim chicken of excess fat. Chop up garlic cloves. Cut bell peppers and onion. Place chicken into a baking pan. I place a few pieces of chopped garlic under the skin of chicken. Season chicken with salt, lemon pepper, curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper. Rub crushed pineapple onto chicken. Add mandarins, reserve juice in can. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Pour syrup mixture on top of chicken. Place in oven for 40 minutes. Cut bacon into small pieces and place in skillet to fry. Add 3 cloves garlic chopped. Cut cabbage into thin strips add to bacon and garlic. I added a few strips of red bell pepper. Season to taste. Cook for 10 minutes or unto desired tenderness. I also prepared white rice. And 2 boxes of huffy..
Chicken is marinated in a Greek-style mixture of herbs with oil, vinegar, and lemon juice before being threaded onto skewers with bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes for This is a nice change from the ordinary grilled chicken. This is excellent served with pita bread, a garlicky tzatziki, and a Greek salad. Fried rice is almost like a staple at our house. I cook it at least once a week as my boys absolutely love fried rice in their lunch boxes. Add a side of fruits and the boys have a tasty and satisfying.