Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. This versatile stuffed chicken breast dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr. I used these chicken breasts to make mediterranean inspired chicken rice bowls, which I will be posting in the next few days.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of fresh basil leafs.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
These stuffed chicken breasts may seem complicated, but in reality, couldn't be simpler. Serve with cauliflower rice or your favorite vegetable. Fill each with the olive mixture. Lay the chicken breasts in your crockpot and brush with the oil.
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it's easy to prepare. The next time you're looking for healthy chicken recipes, look to the tangy and earthy ingredients of the Mediterranean! Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe: This versatile dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken. click here to see more like this.