Chicken, mushrooms and udon. My udon noodle soup uses a mixture of chicken broth and dashi stock as the base. Then, I seared marinated chicken and caramelized shiitake mushrooms, because why not? When placed on top of the noodles, this mixture gives the soup that rich, savory flavor that I'm looking for in any and every.
Ingredients of Chicken, mushrooms and udon
- It’s 1 of shallot, sliced thinly.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Maggi seasoning.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 lb of assorted mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2-7 oz of packages or precooked udon noodles.
- You need 1/2 lb of cooked roast chicken, chopped.
- It’s 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
Quick and easy Chicken Mushroom Udon Soup with minimum prep work. It is light, tasty, and satisfying. Here in the Upper Midwest, spring hasn't quite sprung yet. Between the deep freeze of winter and May flowers, we tend to steer an uneven path with blustery days aplenty.
Chicken, mushrooms and udon step by step
- Make a marinade by combining the shallot, balsamic vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce, Maggi, olive oil, salt and pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Put a medium pot of water on high heat..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Saute the mushrooms until they've given up their water and turned dark brown, about 10 – 15 minutes. Halfway through cooking the mushrooms, if the pot of water is boiling, add the udon noodles and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they separate on their own..
- Add the chicken to the pan of mushrooms. Toss the udon noodles in the marinade, then pour both into the mushroom pan as well. Stir everything together and let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro before serving..
Place udon noodles in a bowl and pour over some boiling water to cover. Leave noodles to stand for a few minutes and tease. · Chicken udon soup recipe is a simple and quick meal on cool days. Each bowl is packed with protein, vegetables and noodles in a savory soy-ginger broth. · Thick Japanese udon noodles are the soul of Chicken-Udon Soup. Meaty shiitake mushrooms, fragrant star anise, and a touch of dry rice wine. Save half the chicken for miso soup.