Pantry roast chicken. This clean eating whole roasted chicken is both delicious and budget friendly! Can you believe I've never cooked a whole chicken before? My entire life, I've only bought and cooked chicken breasts.
Ingredients of Pantry roast chicken
- It’s 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 10 of chicken drumsticks, bone-in and skin-on.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, unpeeled and cut into 1/4 in diagonal slices.
- It’s 12 of whole garlic cloves, unpeeled.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced thickly.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of small carton grape tomatoes.
But it's also easy to build on these basic flavors. Chop up fresh herbs and tuck them. Today we're doing just that with our Tandoori Roast chicken recipe. If you ever find a tandoori chicken with skin on it, let me know.
Pantry roast chicken instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F..
- Ina large mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic, olive oil and honey until thoroughly combined. Add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes, plus a large pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Toss until everything's coated. Pour into a roasting tray and seal tightly with foil. Put in the oven and roast for 1 hour..
- Remove the foil and baste the chicken with whatever juices have come out. Add the tomatoes whole and put the tray back in the oven, uncovered. Turn the heat up to 425 F and roast 20 minutes or until the chicken is nicely browned. Serve with bread to soak up the juices..
Jump to the Easy Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Thyme Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: This is our favorite homemade mashed potatoes recipe. The actual roasting time is very much based on the weight of your chicken. Learn how to pan roast chicken breasts using both Italian and Japanese ingredients and serving them with sauteed spinach. How to Pan Roast Chicken Breasts with Sautéed Spinach.