Oil and Egg Free Okara Biscotti.
Ingredients of Oil and Egg Free Okara Biscotti
- You need 100 grams of Fresh okara.
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 50 of to 70 grams Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 40 grams of Milk.
- It’s 1 of as deisred Your choice of flavoring, such as black tea, sesame seeds, aonori, cocoa powder, or green tea powder.
Oil and Egg Free Okara Biscotti instructions
- In a large plastic bag, combine the cake flour, sugar, and baking powder while weighing the ingredients in. If you are adding flavoring ingredients, add them at this point..
- Seal the bag with some air still inside, and mix well. Once the ingredients are well combined, add the okara and mix again, crushing the lumps..
- Gradually add the milk and bring the dough together until it's not too sticky. Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper..
- Place the dough on the cookie sheet and shape it into a roughly 12 x 25 cm rectangular loaf with a 1.5-2 cm thickness. Bake it in oven at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes..
- After about 20 minutes, the surface should be lightly browned. Remove it from the oven, take out the parchment paper, and place the loaf on a cooling rack. Once it cools down, slice into 5 mm thick pieces..
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160℃. Line the pieces on the baking tray and bake at 160℃ for 10 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 10 minutes..
- Take them out of the oven and cool them on a rack. If they don't harden, microwave at 500 W in 30 second intervals while checking the consistency..
- Cool them on a rack. Once they are completely cooled, place them in an airtight container (or a bag) and store them..
- Variety 1 — Black Tea Biscotti: Add 10 g of finely ground tea leaves, as fine as the leaves in a tea bag. I recommend Earl Grey..
- Variety 2 — Cheese Biscotti: Add 15 g of grated cheese, 15 g of sugar, and a pinch of salt. Add some garlic powder also, if desired..
- Variety 3 — Aonori Biscotti: Add 2 tablespoons of aonori, two pinches of salt, and 15 g of sugar..
- Variety 4 — Green tea biscotti: Add 10 g of green tea powder. Its bitter-sweet flavor is satisfying for adult palates..
- Variety 5 — Cocoa Biscotti: Add 15 g of pure cocoa powder. It's better to add a lot of sugar. This is a favorite for kids..
- Variety 6 — Black Sesame Seed Biscotti: Add 20 g of black sesame seeds. They can either be roasted or grounded, or even half and half..
- Variety 7 — Kinako (Soy Flour) Biscotti: Add 20 g of kinako..
- Variety 13 — Consommé Biscotti: Dissolve 1 cube or 5 g of consommé soup stock granules in a small amount of water, and add to the dough. Add 15 g of sugar and no salt..