Balsamic Agave Brick Flattened Whole Chicken.
Ingredients of Balsamic Agave Brick Flattened Whole Chicken
- It’s 1 of cajun seasoning (optional).
- Prepare 1 of young chicken, split in half.
- You need 1 cup of blue agave nectar.
- You need 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Balsamic Agave Brick Flattened Whole Chicken step by step
- Cut the chicken in half, removing the back and keel bone. Place in two 1 gallon plastic bag and marinate with half the marinade split between bags in the refrigerator for a half hour..
- Light the grill. Optionally place four foil wrapped bricks on the grill..
- Remove the chicken from the bag and season both sides with salt and pepper, and optionally some cajun or crushed red pepper..
- Tuck the wing tip under the leg and place on the grill, high temp for five minutes, bricks to the side..
- Reduce heat by half and brush the chicken with marinade and flip the chicken skin side down and place the heated bricks on the chicken to help cook the chicken faster and more evenly. Close the grill and cook for 10 minutes..
- Flip and brush on marinade every five minutes for another 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done..