Simply Seasoned Asparagus. Reviews for: Photos of Simply Steamed Asparagus. Elegant steamed asparagus served with a Hollandaise butter sauce. Perfect for Mothers Day or a special breakfast, or a side for a special dinner!
Ingredients of Simply Seasoned Asparagus
- You need 2 lb of fresh asparagas, tough ends trimmed and peeled, if desired. I like the look and texture of peeled, but its not nessesary.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth flavored with 1 Tablespoon butter..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt just to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
This popular vegetable comes in a variety of colors, including green, white and purple. Saving asparagus seed is a great way to get more people growing food, or to expand your asparagus patch for free! It is an easy plant to grow and you don't. Here are all the most simple delicious ways to cook with asparagus.
Simply Seasoned Asparagus step by step
- Heat chicken broth seasoned with butter to boiling, add asparagus, cover and cook until tender.How long depends on how thick the asparagus is and how crisp or tender you like it. To check pierce one stalk with a knife to see how tender. Expect 5 to 10 minutes for thick stalks..
- Meanwhile combine melted butter with all seasonings except parmesan cheese..
- Remove asparagus carefully with slotted spoon to drain on paper towels, transfer to serving plate and brush with seasoned butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve remaning seasoned butter for anyone to spoon on extra if desired! Serve hot..
Asparagus is one the most versatile vegetables out there which is why it always seems to find its way to our grocery carts and to. Simply blanch the asparagus and dress with a sweet and vinegary gochujang (Korean red Dishes seasoned with a vinegary sauce is often called cho muchim, so you can call this dish "asparagus cho. Overcooked asparagus becomes mushy and wet, while undercooked asparagus is difficult to chew. Fresh asparagus tastes fantastic with nothing more than salt, lemon juice and olive. Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs.