Crab and Artichoke eggrolls. Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are filled with fresh crab meat, cream cheese and a perfect blend of spices. They are fried to golden perfection and are the ultimate party appetizer. I think they are my absolute favorite food group.
Ingredients of Crab and Artichoke eggrolls
- It’s 1 lb of jumbo lump crabmeat.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rough chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small celery stalk, finely minced.
- It’s 1 small of shallot, finely minced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed cheeses, I used pepper jack, sharp cheddar and italian four cheese blend.
- It’s 1 of package fresh eggroll wrappers, this recipe makes about 18 eggrolls so check to make sure your package has enough.
- It’s 4 cup of or more canola oil for frying, depending on pot size.
If you can wrap a burrito, then you can wrap an egg roll. Fold in the crab meat until combined, and set aside. Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with one of the corners pointing towards you. Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are stuffed with crab, cream cheese, green onions and the perfect blend of spices mimicking the classic crab rangoons with an extra large helping of the best part.
Crab and Artichoke eggrolls instructions
- In a bowl whisk together, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, shallot, garlic and seasonings.gently add in artichoke and crab, being careful not to break up crab, fold in cheese..
- Lay eggroll wrappers flat brush all ends with a bit of water, add 2 to 3 tablespoons filling on one end of eggroll, fold in sides and roll to enclose filling. Fill all wrappers..
- Heat enough oil in dutch oven so eggrolls can submerge and heat oil to 350. Fry 3 at a time, dont crowd until golden, 3 to 5 minutes, drain on a rack over paper towels,or plate..
- Serve hot, they can be made ahead and reheated in 400 oven just until hot. I also freeze them and thaw and heat. Reheat on a rack over,a baking sheet, watch it just takes 5 8 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- I used my creamy mustard sauce as one dipping sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355807-creamy-mustard-sauce.
Find this Pin and more on Next Stop. From the local newspaper. (I have made this now with no fat mayo and no fat sour cream and marinated bottled artichokes, turned out fantastic!!) Easy Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are the Perfect Appetizer! These egg rolls have the same great flavor as crab rangoon but are served in a fun, new way! I personally think these are much easier to wrap and fry than your classic crab rangoon. Your favorite Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip is stuffed into egg roll wrappers and quickly friend to make these mouthwatering Spinach Artichoke Egg Rolls!