Spinach and Cheese Swirls.
Ingredients of Spinach and Cheese Swirls
- You need 1/2 of chopped onion (any onion).
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper chopped (any color).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano or Italian seasoning.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheese (I did a Colby and Monterey Jack blend, any melting cheese).
- It’s 1 packages of frozen spinach thawed and completely drained.
- It’s 3 slices of bacon, cut in small pieces.
- It’s 1 of egg scrambled with 2 tbs of water.
- Prepare 1 of Ranch dressing.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
- You need 2 packages of crescent rolls in a tube (I use garlic butter rolls for extra flavor).
Spinach and Cheese Swirls instructions
- To a medium sautee pan add oil, bacon, onion and bell pepper. Sautee for 5 min on medium high heat..
- Add spinach, salt, pepper and oregano. cook until spinach is heated, about 3 min. Add freshly squeezed lemon. Let rest for 10 min to cool..
- While cooling, open 1 package of rolls and lay on flat surface. Pinch together the seams to make one whole piece. Press dough a bit flatter with palm of hand..
- Remember the recipe is for 2 packages of crescent rolls. Cut recipe in half for just 1 roll. Brush on egg mix, a thin layer. Add half the cheese to the dough, follow with sautéed mix, and lightly drizzle ranch over mix. It adds a nice creaminess. Do the same to next package of rolls..
- Roll the shorter side of the dough to the other end. Try and make it as tight as possible. Make sure seams don't open, if they do, just pinch together again..
- Take a sharp knife and make sure when cutting dough that the knife takes long strides back and forth so dough doesn't get smushed..
- On a baking sheet put wax paper sprayed with cooking spray..
- Place cut pieces onto wax paper. Bake at 375°F for 15 min..
- Golden brown is what it will look like. Let rest for just a couple minutes before transferring to any plate. Eat as is, or drizzle some more ranch on top..