Almond Chocochip Biscotti.
Ingredients of Almond Chocochip Biscotti
- You need 250 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 100-150 grams of blanched whole almonds.
- You need 150 grams of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 100-150 grams of dark chocolate chips.
Almond Chocochip Biscotti step by step
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Blanch (soak in water overnight or place in hot water for 10-15mins) and peel the almonds..
- Dry roast the peeled almonds on a clean pan until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool and chop coarsely..
- Using a hand mixer, beat sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy (about 5 – 10 minutes)..
- Beat in vanilla extract..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- Add the dry mix to the egg mixture and beat until combined..
- Add the chopped almonds and chocolate chips..
- Spread some flour on a clean surface and transfer the batter..
- Roll the sticky batter into a log shape which fits your baking tray..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch..
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes..
- Diagonally slice the log and place the slices on the baking tray..
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degrees C..
- Return the biscotti slices in the oven and bake again for 20 mins (turning the slices upside down in 10 mins)..
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container..