Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes.
Ingredients of Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- You need 20 large of cherry tomatoes, inside pulp removed ( a grapefruit knife works great for this )invert on paper towels to drain while preparing filling..
- It’s 3 oz of mini penne pasta or any mini pasta, cooked.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced onion.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream, heavy or light.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 4 oz of mixed cheeses, shredded, I used sharp cheddar and italian four cheese blend.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste, keep in mind the cheese is salty.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks bramd.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 5 slice of pepperoni, each slice cut into 4 pieces.
Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes instructions
- Spray a baking dish large enough to hold tomatos tightly with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, add onion and garlic and soften, add cream and sour cream and heat to a simmer, add cajun seasoning and pepper and hot sauce, add cheese, all except grated parmesan which is fo topping and stir just until melted, remove from heat and combine with pasta..
- Fill each tomato with macaroni and cheese, sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese, top each with a pepperoni piece..
- Bake about 20 minutes until hot, don't overbake or tomatos will fall apart..
- Serve as a side dish to almost any meal or a light lunch with a salad!.