Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers.
Ingredients of Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers
- It’s 6 each of green peppers.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried onion flakes (use one small or a half of a large onion).
- Prepare 1 each of garlic clove (minced).
- It’s 2 can of diced green tomatoes with green chilis (I used mild Rotel and they are 10 oz each ).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minute rice (if using regular rice, cook first).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 can of (8 oz) tomato sauce (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of favorite shredded cheese (I used colby jack).
Spicy Stuffed Green Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut tops off peppers and strip seeds out. Boil the bottoms in a pot for 5 minutes to soften them. Let them drain on a paper towel until ready to stuff. Cut and chop the tops to use with mix if desired. Otherwise discard..
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, dried onion (or reg onion), and chopped peppers from tops until softened and beef no longer pink. Drain if needed. I used ground sirloin which did not. In fact, I added a tbsp of olive oil to help the peppers..
- Now add your worcestershire, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, rice and diced tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes to soften rice..
- First put 1/2 cup of water in bottom of pan. Stuff peppers with beef mixture and top with tomato sauce. This is optional and you may or may not use the whole can. Cover and bake for 30 minutes..
- Uncover and sprinkle shredded cheese over top and bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese melts. Take out and serve..