Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. Stuffed mushroom caps are always a party favorite. This version of the appetizer classic features creamy and garlicky Stuffed Cream Cheese Mushrooms. This is the Best Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe we've ever made.
Ingredients of Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- It’s 10 large of white button mushrooms, stems removed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 of SAUCE FOR MUSHROOMS.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream, light or heavy or half and half.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dry powdered mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded sharp white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded monterey jack cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded fontina cheese.
- You need 1 of FOR FILLING AND TOPPING MUSHROOMS.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated sharp white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of garlic herb flavored cream cheese I used Boursin Brand.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of italian seasoning, optional.
- Prepare 1 of GARNISH.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
Jump to the Easy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe or read on to see our tips for making them. Flavorful cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms are roasted in olive oil, then filled with cheese and heated until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Try this simple and delicious recipe for grilled herb and cheese stuffed mushrooms. Use portabella mushrooms for their large size and shape.
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms step by step
- Preheat broiler to high, have rack about 6 inches from heat source..
- Spray a baking dish large enough to hold mushrooms in one layer well with non stick spray..
- Mix topping ingredients. Combine grated cheddar cheese and herb garlic cream cheese in a bowl. In another bowl combine the 2 tablespoons parmesan with the panko crumbs and garlic powder powder, add italian seasoning if using.Set aside.
- In a skillet combine mushrooms, wine, broth and garlic, cover and simmer 5 minutes turning mushrooms to cook evenly. Uncover and cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid is almost gone about 5 minutes.Remove mushrooms to a plate..
- Add cream to skillet,add mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, pepper,dry mustard, and hot sauce. Whisking well bring to a simmer until it reaches a light sauce consistancy, 2 to 4 minutes. Add shredded cheddar, monterey jack and fontina cheese, turn off heat stir until a creamy sauce..
- Pour sauce into prepared pan to cover bottom with thin layer of sauce.Fill each mushroom cap with grated cheddar, garlic herb cream cheese mix, place on hot sauce in baking dish. Sprinkle tops of mushrooms evenly with parmesan garlic panko crumbs..
- Broil intil cheese is melted and crumbs just golden, watch it cooks quick about 5 minutes depending on the heat of your broiler..
- Garnish with green onions, serve hot..
These cheese stuffed mushrooms make a savory appetizer you can bake up for entertaining or a fun snack. Place the cheese ball on one mushroom cap and then sandwich the other on top of it, pressing down to make the mushroom edges touch. This has to be the easiest stuffed mushrooms recipe ever! It's just mushroom caps, stuffed with Boursin herbed cheese, sprinkled with smoked paprika. Separate caps and stems while cleaning the mushrooms.