Crispy Topped Roasted Tomatoe Wedges.
Ingredients of Crispy Topped Roasted Tomatoe Wedges
- Prepare 2 large of red ripe firm fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic, or garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of italian seasoning spice blend.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to tiaste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 12 of slices of pepperoni.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, I used a combination of basil, chives and parsley..
Crispy Topped Roasted Tomatoe Wedges instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray foil with non stick spray..
- Line a plate with paper towels place pepperoni on paper towels and cover with another paper towel. Microwave on high about 25 to 30 seconds, until crisp. Remove to clean paper towel to cool, set aside..
- In a medium bowl combine butter, olive oil, panko crumbs. Parmesan cheese, pepperjack cheese, garlic, italian seasoning, pepper, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt to taste..
- Core tomatos, cut each tomato into wedges, about 6 to 7 wedges for each large tomato..
- Dip top of each tomato wedge in butter/oil mixture. Roll tops in seasoned panko/cheese crumbs..press lightly to adhere. Place on prepared pan in a single layer, don't crowd..
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until crumbs are golden brown and tomatos just tender, but holding their shape. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with the crisp pepperoni, crumbled and fresh herbs, serve hot..