Chicken Scampi with Broccoli.
Ingredients of Chicken Scampi with Broccoli
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning spice blend.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 2 cup of broccoli tops, cut in bite size pieces, blanched in salted water until crisp, tender, 2 to 3 minutes, drained and reserved..
- It’s 1 of medium onion, sliced, I used a purple onion, but any is fine.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of chili peppers, sliced, I used red and green.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth or homemade.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted.
- It’s 4 oz of cooked angel hair pasta.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley and chives.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
Chicken Scampi with Broccoli step by step
- In a large bowl, combine, flour, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and pepper, add salt to taste..
- Toss chicken in mixture just to dry chicken and provide a seasoned surface..
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, sear chicken pieces about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through, remove as done to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm..
- Into skillet, add onion and chilis , adding more oil if needed, soften for about 5 minutes, add garlic,and wine and bring to a boil scraping up bits in pan. When wine is almost gone add broth, cream, hot saice and lemon, boil until a light sauce forms, add broccoi and heat, turn heat to low add cheese and butter to melt. Remove from heat..
- On a platter toss pasta with some sauce, top with chicken, add remaining sauce and serve. Garnish with more parmesan cheese to taste and fresh herbs..