Ingredients of Matcha Biscotti
- It’s 1 cup of Self-Rising Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Matcha Powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Toasted Walnuts *OR other nuts of your choice, toasted or roasted.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs *lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract *optional.
Matcha Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper..
- Place Self-Rising Flour, Sugar, Matcha Powder and a pinch of Salt in a large bowl and mix well and get rid of any lumpy bits. Add Walnuts and combine..
- Make a well in the centre and add the lightly beaten Eggs and Vanilla, mix and lightly knead with your hand until the mixture forms a ball. *Note: Do not over-knead as the mixture will get too soft and sticky..
- Divide the mixture in half, form each one into a log and place on prepared baking tray. Shape the logs to about 20cm in length and flatten slightly so they are about 2 to 3cm thick. Wetting your fingers with water may help this process..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. When the logs are cool enough to handle safely, slice diagonally into 1cm thick biscuits using a bread knife or serrated knife..
- Arrange the sliced biscuits back onto the baking tray. Reduce the heat to 140°C, and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely..