Ingredients of Baked Ziti
- It’s 1 lb of dry ziti pasta.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of italian sausage (or ground beef…I like ground sausage better).
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 2 of jars of spaghetti sauce (26 oz each).
- It’s 6 oz of provolone cheese (9-12 round slices).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 8 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of butter.
Baked Ziti step by step
- Cook pasta according to package..
- In a large skillet, brown onion and sausage ovef medium heat. Drain the fat. Add minced garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning and simmer for 15 mins..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13 baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2 of the sauce mixture, provolone cheese, sour cream, remaining ziti, remaining sauce mixture and then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top then the grated parmesan cheese..
- Bake for 30 minutes in ghe preheated oven or until cheeses are melted. You may want to cover it for the first 20 minutes with foil and then let the cheese melt and brown for the last 10 minutes..
- Optional: Serve with garlic knots (our fav) or garlic toast. Enjoy!.