Stuffed Shells. Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan, smothered in a mushroom tomato sauce and baked. Stuffed Shells — Easy Comfort Food. I would've shared these Stuffed Shells with you weeks ago if they were only prettier.
Ingredients of Stuffed Shells
- Prepare 1 box of Jumbo shells.
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef (or Italian sausage).
- You need 1/2 of Onion chopped.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 packages of 16oz ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1 packages of Fresh mozzarella (I used about 5oz) chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dried basil or Italian seasoning (separate).
- Prepare 2 dash of Garlic powder ( or to taste).
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Your favorite jar pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1 packages of Sliced mozzarella.. ( or package of shredded).
These easy Stuffed Shells are perfect to throw together on a weeknight and impressive enough to serve guests. They're saucy, oh-so-cheesy, and loaded with a ricotta, spinach, and parmesan filling. This Classic Stuffed Shells Recipe couldn't be easier to put together! Made with Ricotta, spinach, and Italian herbs and seasonings covered with marinara sauce and smothered in cheese.
Stuffed Shells instructions
- Cook shells as directed , after cooking let cool.
- In a bowl mix ricotta cheese with 1 tablespoon basil (Italian season) salt to taste dash black pepper stir in chopped mozzarella ( or a blend of shredded cheese parmesan cheese mozzarella (4oz total) ).
- In a pan sauté garlic & onion, (3min) add beef (or sausage) season beef with 1 tablespoon of basil ( Italian season) salt to taste.
- After beef is done add about half of the ricotta cheese mix in well. Let cool.
- In a baking dish pour a layer of pasta sauce..
- Put a spoonful ( small spoon) of meat mixture in shell put in baking dish, repeat until all meat mixture is gone. ( you may have shells left over) you can drop meat mixture on top too if you have extra..
- Drop rest of ricotta cheese mixture around shells, drop some pasta sauce around ( I used 1/2 jar in total including the bottom of pan) lay sliced mozzarella over top bake 350 until cheese melts and brown..
Wayne loves stuffed shells – straight up, red sauced, ricotta-stuffed snails of baked deliciousness. I made them five years ago, when we moved from our apartment a few blocks south of where we. This is our favorite use for alfredo sauce yet. Pumpkin is good for way more than pies and lattes. A favorite among American families, stuffed shells bring traditional Italian cooking to Western kitchens across the United States.