Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti.
Ingredients of Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
- Prepare 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup (150 grams) of granulated white sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 3/4 cups (230 grams) of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (45 grams) of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup (50 grams) of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (90 grams) of white chocolate chips.
Ragi Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place rack in center of oven. Line a baking pan with parchment paper..
- In the bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated. Stir in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips..
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide it in half. Form each half into a log 10 inches (25 cm) long. Do this by rolling the dough back and forth into a cylinder shape with floured hands..
- Transfer the logs to the baking sheet, spacing them well apart (width-wise on the pan), and pat to even the shapes..
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 – 30 minutes (logs will spread during baking). Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool for about 10 minutes..
- Using a long spatula transfer the logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into slices about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick on the diagonal..
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet and bake on about 8 – 10 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake until crisp and dry, about 8 – 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack..
- Makes about 24 – 30 biscotti.
- Optional-Melt 3 90 grams of chopped white chocolate and 1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening in a small metal bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Watch carefully as white chocolate can burn easily. Stir to melt. Remove from heat and with an offset spatula spread a layer of white chocolate on one side of the biscotti (or dip one end into the melted chocolate). Let the chocolate dry on a parchment-lined baking sheet..