Ingredients of Baked Spaghetti
- You need 2 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 2 large of onions.
- Prepare 2 of Green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 large of carrot stick.
- It’s 24 oz of Tomatoes (I used frozen I had on hand so I don't really know exact measurements).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Salt/Ground Black Pepper/Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 lb of Spaghetti.
- Prepare 8 oz of Sharp cheddar cheese.
Baked Spaghetti step by step
- Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil and add your spaghetti and cook for two mins less then what's directed on the box..
- Chop your onion and add to a pot with some Olive oil and salt and pepper. Sautee for about 10-15 mins until translucent.
- Chop your green pepper and carrot into small pieces and add to your onion and cook for another 5mins..
- Add your ground beef, and Italian seasoning and cook beef until it's no longer pink..
- Add your tomatoes and sugar (and more salt and pepper if needed) and cover your pot and cook for about 20mins until thick and bubbly.
- In a large casserole dish, start with a layer of the meat sauce, then a layer of spaghetti, then a layer of cheese. Continue all the way to top ending with the meat sauce. Reserve some cheese for the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30mins until the sauce is bubbly. Take your dish out, add remaining cheese and put it back in the oven for another 5mins until cheese is all melted..