Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts. Tender Chicken breasts stuffed with broccoli, parmesan, cheddar, and cream cheese. This quick flavor-packed meal is bursting with flavor and texture and makes a delicious low-carb dinner.<br />. These chicken breasts are stuffed with a mixture of sharp Cheddar cheese, broccoli, and rice, and may just remind you of a deliciously, cheesy bowl of broccoli and cheese soup.
Ingredients of Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts
- You need 4 of chicken breasts (boneless, skinless or skin on. I personally like the crunch the broiler gives the skin).
- You need 1 1/2 of broccoli chopped (this will work with one package of frozen broccoli as well.
- It’s 1 packages of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 each of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of chicken seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend (divided).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 dash of each Weber roasted garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, oregano and soul seasoning.
It's a phenomenal recipe that I. Make chicken: Open butterflied chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a bit of steamed broccoli and a bit of cheese in each.
Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- If using boneless skinless chicken Butterfly and pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Bone in: Slice chicken half way through and leave the bottom in tact (it should look like a boat).
- Brush outer layer of chicken with olive oil and season with chicken seasoning and pepper, set aside.
- Slice onion, broccoli and mushrooms into small pieces and sauté in the butter until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper, oregano and soul seasoning.
- Remove veggie mixture from skillet to deep bowl for stirring. Add half the cheddar cheese and half the Italian cheese to veggie mixture and stir until well blended.
- Carefully and equally stuff each chicken breast with veggie mixture be sure to leave open side up.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheddar cheese on top of chicken breasts followed by remainder of Italian cheese you can use toothpicks to hold the chicken "boats" closed but be sure to remove them all before eating.
- Season the top of the chicken with a dash of Weber garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, basil leaves, pepper and oregano.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour (or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, depending on thickness) drain juice from pan.
- Turn oven off and Turn broiler on high and broil for the last 10-15 minutes checking constantly as broilers are quick to burn.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Fold over, and seal with toothpicks. Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken is an easy weeknight meal. Lightly seared on the outside, stuffed with broccoli and cheddar cheese, and finished in Plus, frozen broccoli will add extra moisture and will make your filling watery. You can stuff chicken breasts with anything you can think of! It will depend on how large your chicken breasts are.