Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage. Creamy shrimp pasta: If there is one thing I can always count on my family to eat it is my Cajun food. We love this traditional Southern shrimp pasta recipe in our house! I always make it with large shrimp and smoked sausage.
Ingredients of Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage
- Prepare 1 box of Mostaccioli.
- It’s 1 packages of andouille sausage.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow bell pepper (or what color you desire ).
- It’s 5 oz of grape tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper (or to taste).
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream (I didn't measure so maybe 1/3 to 1/2).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded parmigiano-reggino.
Prepare fettuccine according to package directions; drain pasta, and set aside. This recipe for Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta is sauteed shrimp and smoked sausage with colorful vegetables, all served over a creamy fettuccine pasta. I use a medium sized shrimp and a mild smoked sausage. Andouille sausage would be a more authentic choice but it tends to be a bit.
Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage step by step
- Slice the sausage on a angle and set aside. In a bowl season the shimp with Cajun season and set aside..
- Clean and peel the carrot then slice on a angle. Slice the bell pepper and tomatoes long ways and set aside..
- In a deep pot get water going for pasta. Cook al dente. Be sure to salt the water..
- Add oil to a non stick skillet and saute the sausage until they slightly brown and remove.
- Add the shrimp. Saute until they turn slightly pink and remove from skillet..
- Add peppers and carrots and saute for 5 minutes until the carrots begin to slightly soften..
- Add tomatoes and continue to saute another 3 mins..
- Add sausage back to the skillet along with the heavy whipping cream, black pepper and parmigiano-reggino..
- Bring to a bowl until the sauce has thickened add salt if needed. Add shrimp and pasta then stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Add more cream as needed to make more creamier..
This Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta is magical. It is guaranteed to brighten your evening mood after a hard day at work. Oh, I forgot to mention that it's one-pot so you'll avoid a pile of dishes in the sink. Try this goodness and let me know how you liked it in the. Add more chicken broth or cream if it.