Eggplant lasagna. This lasagna recipe replaces the traditional pasta with eggplant slices and adds layers of seasoned ground beef. Eggplant Lasagna makes an easy and delicious lasagna recipe the whole family will love! This eggplant lasagna is the perfect solution for a dish with tons of flavor without missing the pasta.
Ingredients of Eggplant lasagna
- Prepare of lasagna.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of bulk sausage.
- It’s 1 1/3 lb of ground meat.
- You need 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 28 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 4 cup of colby jack cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 4 medium of aubergine/ eggplants.
- Prepare 15 of ricotta cheese, I used Polly-O brand it has lowest in carbs..
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 12 oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 large of red onion chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s of seasonings.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of summer savory.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 1/4 tbsp of sweetener, sugar, splenda, stevia and so on.
- It’s of pesto.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet basil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of pine nuts.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
Some eggplant lasagna recipes ask you to grill the eggplant slices instead. While this imparts a nice smoky flavor, I find that grilling individual slices is too time-consuming; roasting is hands-off and more. Low Carb Eggplant Lasagna Recipe Without Noodles – Gluten-Free – This healthy low carb eggplant lasagna recipe without noodles is quick and easy to make, using simple ingredients. This keto eggplant lasagna recipe is a delicious low-carb marriage of two Italian comfort dishes: Eggplant Parmesan and Meat Lasagna.
Eggplant lasagna step by step
- In a dry pan toast the pine nuts don't burn them..
- Mix all the ingredients except olive oil into a blender and blend till coarse add olive oil a bit at a time. blend till chunky smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit..
- Peel the aubergines. Slice thinly olive oil to both sides of each slice lightly sprinkle with kosher salt. Put on a pan, With nonstick spray roast for 20 minutes or till tender..
- Brown the sausage and meat add onions. Drain off any excessive drippings from meat. Add seasonings and diced tomatoes to meat..
- Add tomato sauce. Add tomato paste to thicken. Let simmer 10 minutes..
- In a deep dish or spring form pan layer sides and bottom with roasted eggplant slices. Add a layer of meat sauce. Add 15 ounces ricotta cheese. Add layer of pesto. Add a layer of eggplant slices. Add half of parmesan cheese. Then 2 cups of cheddar cheese..
- Add a layer of meat sauce then eggplant. Add parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Let rest 15..
- Serve, hope you enjoy!.
The roasted eggplant slices serve as the lasagna "noodles. This Low-Carb Eggplant Lasagna recipe is made with eggplant slices, which makes it perfect for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. Broiled eggplant stands in for lasagna noodles in this robust dish. Vegan eggplant lasagna, made with eggplant slices, marinara sauce, vegan tofu ricotta and vegan parmesan cheese. Layer this cheesy, saucy Eggplant Lasagna recipe from Food Network for a hearty vegetarian Italian meal.