Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake in a creamy Swiss cheese sauce is the perfect comfort food. Today we've got a delightfully cheesy family favourite as we show you how to make a creamy chicken cordon bleu pasta bake! And even though Chicken Cordon Bleu is not a difficult recipe to master by any means, I just don't have the want or will to stand stuffing chicken breasts before breading and cooking them.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake
- It’s 2 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Salted butter.
- It’s 1 packages of Pasta noodles(spaghetti, fettuccine, penne).
- You need 1 box of Cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Olive Garden garlic and herb seasoning/you can use whatever kind u have on hand.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Cooked chopped bacon.
- It’s 2 large of chicken breast or 3 small ones.
- You need 1/2 lb of Black Forrest ham–it came out to be about 6 slices when I had it cut at deli.
- You need 1 cup of Swiss cheese/half in sauce and half as topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pepper jack or Monterey Jack-add some to sauce and some as topping.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs- I used garlic and herb Parmesan Panko type crumbs.
It's creamy pasta, melty swiss cheese, chicken, and ham all baked together and topped with homemade breadcrumbs. Don't let all this diet talk deter you from making this dish! My Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake is a total winner! It's creamy pasta, melty swiss cheese, chicken, and ham.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake instructions
- Boil pasta and Drain. I boiled my noodles in the broth that I cooked my chicken in, along with bay leaf and some other spices and bullion cube that I had added/cooked it in.
- Heat cream cheese on stove until melted. Stir in the heavy cream, and butter & stir it until combined. Add onion/garlic powder. Add and Stir about a cup of cheese until smooth..
- In a bowl I combined the cooked shredded chicken, ham, and bacon, some seasonings and tossed around..
- Spray Pam in baking dish, and layer noodles, and the chicken/bacon/ham mixture from bowl. Pour sauce over top and spread evenly. Sprinkle top with about 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumbs..
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or cheese is melted. Let cool for about 5 min..
Ingredients in Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. Penne Pasta – you could use any short cut pasta that you want. I love penne because the ridges hold Bake until heated through and the cheese is melted. This doesn't take very long since the ingredients were already warm. Chicken cordon bleu is a French-inspired poultry dish that was developed by chefs in the United States in an effort to imitate stuffed meat dishes from Chicken cordon bleu most often appears in a rolled presentation, with the chicken breast pounded flat and the ham and cheese wrapped up inside.