Pepperoni and Cheese pockets. Combine ricotta, mozzarella cheese and egg in a mixing bowl. Stir in Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper, set aside. It's the basic Hot Pocket pepperoni you love, but with a different crust!
Ingredients of Pepperoni and Cheese pockets
- You need 1 of pepperoni cut in bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 of mozzarella cheese (i used smoked provolone and mozzarella).
- It’s 1 of pizza sauce.
- You need 1 of garlic bread seasoning.
- It’s 1 box of puff pastry.
- It’s 1 of egg for a egg wash.
My daughter eats one basically every day. She really likes the ham and She really likes the ham and cheese ones, but pepperoni pizza are my favorite! So I will show you how to easily make some of these delicious pizza. Make your own ham & cheese pockets from scratch using my simple pizza dough, ham, and your favorite cheese.
Pepperoni and Cheese pockets step by step
- Note these do not taste like the dough of a hot pocket. These are more of a toaster strudle. Preheat oven to 400. Spread one of the puff pastry sheet on a floured surface and roll out a little. It makes it a little longer and smoothes out the surface. Using the folded 3 sections as a guide cut. Those are your base and top of your hot pocket. You can fold it down over your mixture or cut in half and top it over the base. It's up to you..
- I ran out of parchment so I greased my pan. I recommend to use parchment. Lay down a hot pocket and spread a little pizza sauce down. Try to keep a little edge clean so you can press the sides together. After the sauce sprinkle cheese. Top with pepperoni and more cheese. Brush the sides with egg wash. Then, lay the puff pastery on top of the filling. Press down on the sides with a fork. I also made ham and cheese ones..
- Brush the top with the egg wash and sprinkle the top with garlic bread seasoning. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Check on them at 20 minutes it may need more time. Also rotate the pan so all of the pockets get browned on top. 2 of these per person..
- Enjoy. Let me know what you think. You can fill these with any fillings..
Bisquick makes the golden crust, and your favorite pizza toppings are the satisfying filling in these handy homemade pockets. Pepperoni layered with cheese wrapped in a seasoned crust. I know it feels a bit inconsistent around here bouncing back and forth from healthy to naughty dishes. Because really people, I'm posting about rolling premade dough, pepperoni, and cheese sticks being rolled up and baked. Enjoy these cheesy pepperoni pizza pockets made using Big & Flaky dinner rolls or crescent rolls!