Apple Oats Biscotti. With lots of apples and oats, these biscotti are like apple crisp in cookie form. Serve for breakfast, dessert, or a snack with a mug of hot spiced cider. As some might know biscotti are my favorite cookies and when I came across this recipe at BH and G.
Ingredients of Apple Oats Biscotti
- It’s 11/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of Oats.
- Prepare 2 of medium apples peeled cored and grated.
- It’s 110 g of soft unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped nuts of your choice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs at room temperature.
Many of these you will find recipes for here on the website. But there are so many different combinations. Oat Maple Biscotti – Free download as Text File (.txt), PDF File (.pdf) or read online for free. Apple can be replaced with a banana to make oats banana porridge.
Apple Oats Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 and line baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and oats. Keep it aside.
- Blend butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and blend for 40 seconds before adding next one. Blend until pale and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and blend well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add grated apple, nuts and gently fold.
- Divide dough and drop on baking tray leaving gap between them. Shape dough like log using spatula.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice the baked dough into 1/2 inch diagonal slices.
- Place slices on baking tray.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until dry and crisp in preheated oven at 180.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container and serve with steaming hot tea or coffee.
This porridge can be served to Oats are considered to be one of the least allergenic foods, hence it can be introduced as a first food. The Best Oat Biscotti Recipes on Yummly Maple Oat Biscotti With Chocolate & Sea Salt, Honey Oat Biscotti Cinnamon Raisin Oat Biscotti (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free)Road to Living Whole. Discover a fun and delicious way to enjoy oats with our easy and delicious Coconut-Oatmeal Biscotti recipe made with your favorite Quaker® products. Ground oats replace flour in this easy delicious dessert.