Eggplant Gratin. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese Nutritional Information. Summer zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes, beautifully presented in a baked casserole gratin. › Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomato Gratin. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish!
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- Prepare 1 of large eggplant.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- Prepare 12 slices of pepperoni.
- It’s 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. Transfer the cooked eggplant slices to paper towels to drain. Organic Eggplant Gratin : September has arrived and it is almost time to say goodbye to summer~ I will miss all the fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and nice weather! The Eggplant Gratin recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable!
Eggplant Gratin instructions
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
Eggplant Gratin recipe: The skin of eggplant contains an Coat eggplant with shallots with lard and season with S&P. The most popular eggplant recipes are usually those in which they are stuffed with some other ingredient. This time, we present a lasagna with this fruit, au gratin with delicious Manchego cheese. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl add eggplant and zucchini.