Spicy, salsa baked chicken. This chicken bake is very similar to my salsa verde baked chicken, but with a smokey chipotle. Classic Baked Chicken Spicy Orange Marinated Chicken Baked Salsa Chicken – Perfectly tender and juicy chicken breasts baked on a bed of fresh tomato salsa and topped with melted cheese. How to make baked salsa chicken.
Ingredients of Spicy, salsa baked chicken
- You need 4 of large chicken breasts.
- It’s 12 oz of favorite salsa (I made my own).
- It’s 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 2 cups of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tabasco.
- Prepare of Favorite bottle of hot sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Lawrys seasoning salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/3 pepper jack (or your fave).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro (for garnish).
- You need of sour cream to top (optional).
Throw everything You can also thin out the salsa with water. This baked salsa chicken is one-pot, baked, and so easy to whip up for a weeknight dinner. It's one of those meals that you probably already have all the ingredients in The flavors of this salsa chicken are spicy, cheesy, and just plain good. The chicken always comes out tender and juicy, and I love all.
Spicy, salsa baked chicken instructions
- Remove chicken from package, do not rinse. Place in large bowl, add canola, balsamic, hot sauces, seasoning. Stir, make sure chicken is covered. Marinade for a min of 1 hour. I used a glass pyrex bowl and covered with a lid, but foil or plastic wrap will work..
- Preheat oven to 450. Place chicken breasts in a deep glass baking dish. Pour your favorite salsa on top. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken has reached safe temp of 160 degrees..
- Take the chicken out of the oven. Top with cheeses, bake for five minutes..
- Dollip with sour cream and cilantro, enjoy!!.
Score the chicken thighs to deliver more spice and flavor to the meat and encourage quicker cooking. Place on prepared baking sheet and brush with sauce. Place chicken on foil-lined baking sheet. Pat any extra oat mixture onto top of chicken. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.