Ingredients of Choco-Almond Biscotti
- You need 30 Gms of Almonds.
- It’s 45 gms of Sugar.
- You need 75 gms (1/2 cup) of Cake Flour or All Purpose flour with 1 tblspn replaced with cornflour.
- It’s 10 gms of Cocoa Powder.
- You need 3 gms of Baking Powder.
- It’s 40 gms of Dark Chocolate.
- You need 1 of Egg (or maybe 1.5 eggs, depending on size of egg, as required to make a wet rough dough).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Vanilla.
Choco-Almond Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 160 c, and toast the almonds for 10 mins.
- Give the cooled toasted almonds and chocolate a rough chop, leaving mid sized chunks.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder a few times and then mix in the sugar till well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mix and cut in using a spatula. Keep cutting and turning till a wet rough dough is formed..
- Fold in the almonds and chocolate chunks.
- Shape into log on a surface dusted with flour and place in oven on a parchment, do an egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170c for 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 mins.
- Slice into 15mm pieces and place back on rack and bake for 20 mins (alternatively, if using pan, then bake for 10 mins on each side).