Grilled Ham and Cheese Stuffed Eggplant.
Ingredients of Grilled Ham and Cheese Stuffed Eggplant
- It’s 1 of eggplant, peeled and cut in half.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter, melted.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of olive oil, I used chili infused.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 3 of cherry tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh graded romano cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 4 slices of thin deli black Forrest Ham.
- It’s 3 slices of provalone cheese.
- It’s to taste of Garnish fresh chopped basil, chives and parsley and fresh cherry or grape tomatoes.
Grilled Ham and Cheese Stuffed Eggplant step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with non stick spray.
- Peel and cut eggplant in half.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except ham and provalone cheese and garnish in abowl.
- Brush eggplant with oil mixture.
- Place on prepared pan and roast until tender when a knife is inserted in it. Cool to room temperature.
- Add slices of ham to 1 eggplant ant slice.
- Top ham with cheese.
- Add remaining ham to cover cheese.
- Place eggplant slices together to sandwich in the ham and cheese between them.
- Skewer closed and brush with more oil mixture. This can be prepared in advance up to this point. Cover and refrigerate to keep..
- Place on hot grill turning until chared slightly and cheese is just starting to melt. Slice and serve garnished with fresh basil, chives, tomatoes and parsley.