Stuffed Jumbo pasta shells.
Ingredients of Stuffed Jumbo pasta shells
- You need 1/2 box of jumbo pasta shells (it made 16).
- You need 2 pounds of ground beef or ground chuck.
- You need As needed of diced bell peppers(I used Tri color).
- It’s As needed of diced yellow onion (I love onion so I used whole one).
- It’s As needed of minced garlic.
- You need 2 jars of Pasta sauce (homemade or bought).
- Prepare As needed of seasonings: Italian & Tuscany, garlic and onion powder, hamburger seasoning, & couple others.
- You need As needed of shredded assortment of cheeses(Mozzarella being the main, sharp cheddar, pepper jack, cream cheese, cottage cheese.
- You need A few of spoonfuls of MILD Rotel tomatoes to add to meat frying (also reserved a lil juice from can for one of the different steps).
Stuffed Jumbo pasta shells instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Dice up all your veggies..
- Add water to a pot with some salt, evoo or small amount butter, and tsp Italian seasonings in a pot. Let it come to a boil & add noodle shells. Stir. Cook until done..
- Drain shells, line up and let dry on a piece of parchment paper, so u can fill them later..
- Add your ground beef & veggies(onion & bell peppers, garlic, assorted seasonings, mild rotel tomatoes to a pan and cook on stovetop until done. Drain..
- Add just a very tiny thin line of some of the pasta sauce right out of the jar, to kinda just cover up the bottom of pan your gonna cook them in oven with. Set aside..
- Add most of the pasta marinara sauces from jars to the meat mixture & let simmer on low. ●Reserve● a little bit of just the sauce from jars, without meat mixture to Baste shells with later..
- In a bowl. Add some softened cream cheese, seasonings, some of all the cheeses, a tbsp or 2 of rotel juice, etc and mix up..
- Add/Spoon that bowl of cheese mixture into the pan of meat sauce mixture and mix good, let simmer again for a few. Stir. Turn off..
- Then stuff shells with the meat cheese mixture and add them one by one to the baking dish pan that has the small layer of plain sauce on bottom of it..
- Baste the outer shells with the reserved plain(no meat) sauce from jar, sprinkle all the rest of cheeses all over top & sides of shells, anymore seasonings/herbs or parsley & bake for 35 min or so, or until cheese is melted. Take out, let rest for a few minutes. While u make bread/salad or whatever..
- Another pic.
- Another pic.