Fryed Green Tomatos.
Ingredients of Fryed Green Tomatos
- You need 4 of large green tomatos.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs tablespoons milk.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sriracha seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1/4 of cupcup yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of italian dry bread crumbs.
- It’s of canola oil for cooking.
- Prepare As needed of fresh basil, parsley and sliced green onios to garnish.
- Prepare of Parmesan peppercorn dressing for dipping. I used my spicy ranch.
- You need 1/4 of dressing, located in my profile adding 1/4 cup fresh grated.
- Prepare c of parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons cracked mixed.
- It’s of peppercorns.
Fryed Green Tomatos step by step
- Eirst slice tomatos 1/4 inch thick and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, romano cheese, sugar, sriracha, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper, mix well.
- Whisk in a bowl eggs and milk and hot sauce.
- Combine cornmeal with breadcrumbs,romano cheese until combined..
- Dip tomato slices first in flour mixture.
- Then in egg micture.
- Then coat whith breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a rack over a plate. They can be made in advance up to this point up to 6 hours before frying, refrigerate on rack if done in advance.
- Heat the canola oil until hot.Fry tomatoes in batches so they are not touching and adjusting oil heat to maintain a moderate srzzle. Turn when golden and cook other side until tonato is tender and golden, serve hot.
- Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil, parsley and green onions and serve with Parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing.