Crockpot Chicken & gravy & mashed potatoes on Texas bread.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken & gravy & mashed potatoes on Texas bread
- Prepare 2 packs of low sodium chicken gravy envelopes or make your own chicken gravy homemade.
- Prepare 1 of biggest can cream of chicken condensed soup for cooking. with or w/o herbs low sodium.
- It’s 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 loaf of Texas Toast white loaf bread(bread isle, not frozen).
- It’s 1 of pot Homemade mashed potatoes(however you make yours).
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s As needed of seasonings of your choice( I used garlic, dash Italian herbs, McCormick vegetable, parsley, chives.
- It’s 1/2-1 of yellow onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of or so of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of or so Ranch dry powder(optional).
Crockpot Chicken & gravy & mashed potatoes on Texas bread step by step
- Spray pot with Pam. Pour the big can of cream of chicken in pot, the 2 gravy packets, water, butter, TBSP or so of ranch powder, black pepper, & any other seasonings..
- Whisk until very smooth..
- Add the chicken, and onions and press down into mixture where it's completely covered..
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Then shred the chicken with a 2 forks inside pot in small or bigger chunks..
- When it's close to 1/2 an hour or so from being done, make your homemade mashed potatoes. And any other side dish. Like corn or green beans..
- Once everything is done. Layer it on your plate. Piece of Texas loaf bread, mashed potatoes, then pour your chicken and gravy mixture on top, and sprinkle with parsley, chives,s&p. And serve with side of corn or green vegetable..
- What it looks like when you cut with a fork. It's so good!.
- Mixed bite on my fork..