White sauce enchiladas. These White Chicken Enchiladas have the easiest cream sauce you could ever make, super delicious, cheesy, gooey, melt in your mouth enchiladas! Perfect for an easy and quick weeknight meal! This recipe for chicken enchiladas with a creamy white sauce uses our popular Mexican pulled chicken recipe – a versatile, easy and delicious way to prepare chicken for many.
Ingredients of White sauce enchiladas
- It’s 1 of chicken.
- It’s of Cream of chicken (2 cans of 10.5 oz).
- It’s 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Green chilies (4.5 oz can).
- It’s of Corn tortillas.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Colby jack.
- It’s of Seasonings (I used minced garlic, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, onion pieces, parsley).
I've used a prepared rotisserie chicken for convenience, but feel free to use leftover chopped chicken. The inside of the enchiladas were great! Next time I'll try a white cheese dip instead. Learn how to make white chicken enchiladas using sour cream and chiles.
White sauce enchiladas step by step
- Can boil chicken breasts and shred, about 4. (If using a rotisserie chicken, just debone and de-skin then shred).
- In a seperate bowl combine both cans of soup, milk, sour cream, and season..
- Add half of soup mixture into chicken, along with the green chili, seasonings, and add some of the cheeses..
- Heat corn tortillas in microwave, according to package. (Or in oil, my preferred way!).
- Begin to fill tortillas, and place into a baking dish. (If any leftover chicken mixture, add it back into the sauce mix).
- Spread the sauce mix a top the enchiladas, and top with cheeses..
- Place in oven on 350F for 35 minutes..
Make the sauce mixture on the stove so it gets thick and bubbly. Pour the sauce on top of them, making sure it gets around. Completely vegetarian enchiladas that are high in protein, great for weeknights or for feeding a The homemade "sour cream" sauce really ups the comfort factor, and it's hard to believe there's no cream. Easy chicken enchiladas in white sauce is without a doubt a new favorite at our house. For starters, as the name implies, they are EASY to make, AND secondly, I discovered that you can also freeze them.