Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- It’s of Large onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 of each red, yellow, green pepper diced.
- You need 2 Tbs of each rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbs of each onion and garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium beef stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond).
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 lb of bag frozen corn.
- You need to taste of S&P.
Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers.
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent.
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash..
- In a greased deep 9×13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted..