Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- Prepare 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of bread crumbs (I prefer seasoned bread crumbs).
- You need of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion (chopped fine).
- Prepare 3 packets of brown gravy mix (yield 3 cups total).
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Salisbury Steak instructions
- Use hands to mix together: ground beef, eggs, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. When mixed well, add bread crumbs and mix again..
- Divide into 6 patties. Cook until 160°F in covered skillet over medium heat. (about 10-15 minutes for me).
- Add finely chopped onion and 1/8 cup of water to skillet while still on med-high heat. Cook with lid on for about 5 more minutes or until onions are clear..
- Whisk together gravy mix and 3 cups water in large bowl. Add to skillet. Reduce heat to low-med. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until gravy is thickened and bubbly..
- Serve with noodles, Mashed potatoes, or rice..