Ingredients of American Goulash
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion diced.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 15 ounce of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 14.5 ounce of can diced tomatoes (I used the fire roasted flavor).
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of elbow macaroni uncooked.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (more if needed).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (more if needed).
American Goulash step by step
- In large dutch oven over medium heat brown beef, drain excess grease if needed. Add onion and bell pepper and continue to cook while stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes..
- Add all remaining ingredients except macaroni. Cover with lid and simmer 20 minutes..
- Stir in macaroni, cover with lid and simmer another 20 minutes until pasta is tender..
- Remove from heat let stand 5-10 minutes before serving..