Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken. Rasta Pasta is a Caribbean inspired pasta dish seasoned with jerk spices and tossed with colorful bell peppers. The name of the dish stems from Rastafarian You'll often find on Caribbean restaurant menus that shrimp or chicken are popular add ons. What I love most about this pasta is the sauce.
Ingredients of Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken
- You need 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- You need 380 g of dry pasta (3 cups or so).
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1.5-2 cups of half and half cream.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp+1 tbsp jerk seasoning (I like walkerswood or grace brand).
- You need 1/2 of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
This Caribbean chicken Rasta Pasta from Delish.com is great for dinner any night of the week. Jerk Chicken and Pasta is a passionately spicy Jamaican-style dish that when tempered correctly will tantalize even the most fire-fearing palate! Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Rasta Pasta – a Jamaican-inspired one-pot dish with creamy cheesy pasta tossed with with jerk chicken and bell peppers.
Rasta Pasta with Grilled Jerk Chicken step by step
- Using 2 tbsp of jerk seasoning, marinade chicken for 2 hours or over night (preferred).
- Grill your chicken on BBQ or indoor grill until juices run clear. Set aside of a bit before slicing..
- In a large pot, cook pasta to just shy of el dente, drain and set aside in colander while making the rest..
- In the same pot, add the olive oil and saute onion and garlic 2 min. Then add your jerk, thyme and cajun seasoning. Cook 1 more min.
- Add the chicken stock and cream. Cook on medium-high for 5 min or so then add your peppers. Add your parm cheese and continue cooking on medium until it looks like your sauce is beginning to thicken. Season with salt if needed.
- Add your pasta to the sauce and toss to combine and let everything hangout together for 10 min on low, stirring occasionally..
- Serve hot with your grilled chicken on top (or you can toss the chicken in when you add the pasta to the pot).
Oh so good and creamy ? What's in it: Truf.fle Mushroom Truffle Pasta. Grilled Jerk Pork Chops with Mango SalsaDash Of Evans. Easy Rasta Pasta Recipe [+Video]Masala Herb. jerk seasoning, olive oil, garlic, chicken, coconut milk. Our famous Jerk Chicken with our homeade coleslaw. Easy shrimp Rasta pasta recipe is a delicious way to mix up your weeknight meals!