Chicken BKT Pasta. I've had to get a bit more creative in the dinner department with this blizzard we are having. We love the look of mezze penne, a smaller version of regular penne, but you can use any short pasta you like. The "lettuce" in this BLT is actually.
Ingredients of Chicken BKT Pasta
- Prepare 2.5 cups of dried pasta (I used shells, but wish I had penne to use.
- Prepare 1 of large chicken breast, diced.
- It’s 6-8 of sliced bacon, diced.
- You need 1 jar of or can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh kale, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 2 of pinches, dried chili flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of parm cheese (the kind you have to shred yourself if you).
Bacon, lettuce and tomatoes with farfalle pasta and creamy dressing (no mayo option too!). If you're used to making pasta salads with vinaigrette dressing, this one will come together slightly differently. BLT Pasta Salad – This pasta salad is a fun twist on the classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Great for summer parties and picnics!
Chicken BKT Pasta step by step
- Season died chicken with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot until cooked el dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot (because I love one pot meals) add your diced bacon and brown. Once the bacon is cooked, remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the chicken to the pot and cook in the bacon fat (drain some of theres too much fat) and cook chicken until brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside..
- In the same pot, add your tomato sauce and add the remaining seasonings and garlic. (Careful with he salt because theres salt in the bacon and the parm cheese that you're adding later).
- Add your kale to the sauce and let everything bubble and cook together about 8 min. Then add your cream and milk. Stir together.
- Add your chicken and 1/2 your bacon back to the pot, then add your parm cheese. Stir.
- Add your cooked pasta back to the pot and stir to combine everything..
- Plate and garnish with extra pieces of the bacon and add more shredded cheese if you want… DELISH, ENJOY!!!.
When another summer tomato sandwich just won't do, try this BLT pasta instead. Chicken pasta recipe – A basic tomato spaghetti recipe made with chicken. Quick to make and tastes delicious. It can be served with a soup & toast. This dish can be assembled ready for baking a good few hours Serve this delicious chicken and chorizo ragu over rice or pasta as an easy midweek dinner for the.