Beef Stew – Gluten and Dairy free.
Ingredients of Beef Stew – Gluten and Dairy free
- Prepare 1 of beef roast (or) 2 – 2.5 lbs stew meat.
- You need 2 quarts of Beef Stock (I use 365 Organic Beef Broth, gluten free).
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion, chopped.
- You need 4 of medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 3 of ribs celery, diced.
- It’s 1 of large can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen mixed veggie (carrots, peas, green beans, etc).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 splash of Gluten free soy sauce or Liquid Aminos.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil, I used Grapeseed oil.
Beef Stew – Gluten and Dairy free step by step
- Cut beef into bite size pieces. Heat pan to medium – medium/high heat and add oil. sprinkle cornstarch over beef pieces then place into heated skillet. Brown on all sides..
- While meat is browning, peel and dice potatoes, onion, & celery. Add veggies to a crock pot..
- Add stock, crushed tomatoes, & frozen veggies to crockpot..
- Add browned meat to crock pot with the veggies..
- Add a 1/2 cup of broth to the pan the roast was browned in. Use a spatula to scrape up the leftover beef bits from the pan. Pour into crock pot..
- Add seasonings. Mix and cover. Set crock pot to High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours..