Egg in a hole. When the butter is all spread out, place the slice of bread in the skillet and crack the egg straight into the center of the hole. Egg in a hole, egg in a boat.so many different names for this! While egg in a hole (or egg in a basket, or egg in a frame, if you prefer) originated at the turn of the last century around the same time as eggs Benedict, the latter has a firmer origin story.
Ingredients of Egg in a hole
- You need of Bread.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Cookie cutter.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
- You need of Garlic powder mix the seasoning I had garlic, ranch seasoning.
Season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. How to make 'Egg In The Hole' or fried egg in bread. Take your cookie-cutter and cut a hole in the centre of a slice of bread. Kids can help with this part.
Egg in a hole step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a narrow glass or a biscuit cookie cutter to cut holes in the middle of each piece of bread. Butter the bread and holes. Place the bread and holes on a greased pan. Crack an egg into each hole. Sprinkle the egg with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bread with the parmesan cheese and the garlic, ranch mixture seasoning (picture below) you can use garlic powder or omit it..
- Bake at 400 for 3 – 6 minutes, depending on how runny you want the yolk..
- Serve immediately and Enjoy..
Unusually-shaped cutters might be more fun. Whatever you call it—one-eyed Jack, fireman's egg, chicken in a basket—an egg in a hole is a tidy way to get your fried egg on or, rather, in. It's a self-contained complete breakfast ideal for those who prefer a knife and fork in the morning. Sheet Pan Egg-in-a-Hole – A quick classic that comes together right on a sheet pan!!! Less mess, less fuss and just way easier than the stovetop version!