Cheesy ham & potatoes. I usually make this to use up leftover ham. This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don't put celery in mine.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- It’s 3 tbs of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- It’s 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- It’s of Optional: crushed red pepper.
Casseroles are really the perfect winter food. They actually warm you This one is based on that classic combo, ham and cheese. It starts with some diced ham (which. With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor!
Cheesy ham & potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham chunks, so if you love hearty, warm soups, I. A cheesy, hearty soup made from scratch (no Velveeta required!)- perfect for a chilly fall day! Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole (With Video). Ham and potato casserole is a mouthwatering dinner idea your entire family will love! This cheesy ham chowder is the most mouthwatering solution!