Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat).
Ingredients of Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, i use sweet.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, i use basil, garlic and onion flavor.
- You need 1 of 15 oz can red kidney beans with liquid.
- It’s 1 of 15 oz can cannellini beans, with liquid.
- You need 1 of 15 oz can tomato sauce.
- You need 24 oz of can V8 juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme. you can also use 1 tsp Italian seasoning if you dont have thyme.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ditali pasta.
Pasta e Fagioli (Olive Garden Copycat) instructions
- in large sauce pan, brown meat, drain most of the fat.
- add onions, garlic, and celery and saute about 5-7 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- add remaining ingredients except pasta and cannellini beans. simmer covered for 30 minutes, then add beans, cover, and simmer another 30 minutes. (this prevents beans from breaking apart and getting too mushy).do not boil.
- about 10 minutes before soup is done simmering, make pasta according to package directions for al dente. drain and rinse.
- i keep pasta separated until ready to serve, and then add desired amount to each bowl to prevent it from soaking up too much of the soups' liquid. if you have leftover soup, just toss the pasta with a teeny bit of olive oil and store in a ziploc baggie, and add to soup as needed.
- top with freshly shaved parmesan cheese if desired. we love this with another copycat, Red Lobsters Cheddar Bay biscuits (haven't gotten around to posting that one yet!) or of course, breadsticks or fresh italian bread..
- * if you prefer a thinner soup , you can add more V8 (about 12 more oz or to your liking), or about a cup of beef broth. this also freezes well.