What do I have beef stroganoff style. Beef Stroganoff or beef Stroganov (Russian: бефстроганов, tr. befstróganov) is a Russian dish of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce with smetana (sour cream). Some recipes recommend beef round steak (aka topside) which I do not recommend. The beef flavour is ok but but it's not a good cut for fast cooking.
Ingredients of What do I have beef stroganoff style
- You need 1 1/4 lb of beef.
- It’s 1/2 each of onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 6 large of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of something soup.
- You need 1/2 can of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 2 cup of left over cooked rice.
Served over buttered noodles it's the ultimate comfort food dish. Growing up beef stroganoff was always one of my favorite meals – Granted it was. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Never need another recipe for this Beef Stroganoff again!
What do I have beef stroganoff style step by step
- Cut your meat into a size you like, mine were 1 x 2 x 1/4 inch.
- Slice your onion and diced your garlic cloves..
- Slice your mushrooms.
- Pour a little oil (about 2 tablespoons) in a pan, heat on medium high.
- When the oil is heated, add your beef..
- Cook while stirring until brown, but not cooked all three way yet, for mine it was about 4 minutes.
- Add your onions and hot sauce, keep stirring.
- When the onions start to soften, about 2-3 minutes, add your mushrooms.
- Add the Italian seasoning, stir it in..
- When the mushrooms get mostly cooked, about 3 minutes, add your can of soup, and half can of milk. I think cream of mushroom might be the norm, but I didn't have any on hand. This worked out about the same..
- Keep stirring until all is mixed well, and bubbling. About 3 minutes..
- Add the rice, I had some left over Chinese white, I had to crumble up, and some brown rice..
- Stir well until the rice is totally mixed in. Turn heat to low, stir for about a minute longer to allow the heat to reduce..
- Add sour cream, stir well. Turn off heat..
Tender strips of beef in a sour cream mushroom gravy all served over egg noodles. Since then, it has become popular all over the world as a delicious and filling meal that can be prepared quickly and easily. For me, beef stroganoff is one of those iconic meals of my childhood. And for many of us, the Hamburger Helper version of this sour cream-laden When I have time, I'll make my own fresh pasta, or serve it with a noodle such as Cavatappi, to add a bit more flare. Our easy and authentic Russian Beef Stroganoff recipe combines tender beef and flavorful mushrooms in a creamy sauce for an elegant And, while not culturally appropriate, this dish pairs perfectly with a Bordeaux-style wine.