Italian Dirty Rice. Dirty rice just got dirtier, thanks to Chef John's additions of pork shoulder, andouille sausage, tons of "Believe it or not, the first place I ever had dirty rice was at Popeyes®. They were out of the red. Cajun dirty rice is cooked with your choice of ground meat or you could get really serious by using liver or kidney!
Ingredients of Italian Dirty Rice
- Prepare 5 cups of cooked rice, cold.
- It’s 2 lbs of bulk Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of lg. Onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of celery ribs with leaves, diced.
- It’s of I bell pepper (whatever you have), diced.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, drained & diced.
- You need 1 can of artichoke hearts, diced.
- You need 1/2 pkg. of pepperoni slices, cut in half.
- It’s 1-2 cup of canned tomatoes.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
Note: Before salting, take into consideration the Tasso and sausage contain salt, as may the broth. Dirty rice is a traditional Louisiana Creole dish made from white rice which gets a "dirty" color from being cooked with small pieces of pork, beef or chicken, green bell pepper, celery, and onion, and spiced with cayenne and black pepper. Parsley and chopped green onions are common garnishes. dirty rice – Traduzione del vocabolo e dei suoi composti, e discussioni del forum. dirty rice. (cuisine). riso Cajun nmsostantivo maschile: Identifica un essere, un oggetto o un concetto che. Dirty, Dirty Rice – Filthy Delicious.
Italian Dirty Rice instructions
- Cook 2 1/2 cups rice in chicken stock according to directions. Once done spread on sheet to cool. You can use leftover rice if you are lucky to have it!.
- While rice is cooling. Break up and brown the Italian sausage. Once done, remove from the pan and set aside..
- Drain excess fat from pan. Add in the onion, celery, pepper to sauté until tender. Then add in the spices. Stir to combine..
- Stir in the garlic to combine. Add the sausage back in..
- Add in the olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, and tomatoes. Stir to combine..
- Next add in the cold rice. Stir to combine..
- If need you can add in a little more stock. Enjoy..
In fact, not only did I come to love dirty rice, but I started to crave it with even more "dirt," by which I mean more liver, pork, and aromatic. Usually Dirty Rice is served as a side dish, but with all that meaty goodness added to it, it's tempting to eat it as a main dish. The flavor of Dirty Rice starts with the Holy Trinity- onion, celery, and bell pepper. Dirty rice is a traditional Cajun preparation, and it happens to be one of the best uses for giblets ever Each crust adds a little more flavor; it's a technique you see a lot in Italian sugos, which are. Add the rice and stir to coat.