Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ). Eggplant Involtini – Roasted sliced eggplant rolled around a ricotta filling with lemon honey and breadcrumbs; baked in pasta Involtini is an Italian dish that consists of a filling (often cheese) that is The eggplant is tender, and the filling is creamy and flavorful. Buy the largest eggplants so it's easier to roll. Enjoy Parmesan Eggplant Involtini with Smoked Ham.
Ingredients of Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls )
- It’s 1 large of eggplant, peeled and sliced the longway into 1/4 inch slices.
- You need 1/4 lb of sliced italian four cheese blend.
- You need 1/4 lb of spicy sliced ham, you may not use all of it..
- It’s 1 tbsp of salted or unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning spice blend.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot sauce, such as Franks brand.
- Prepare 2 cup of marinara sauce, my recipe listed below or your favorite.
- It’s 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley and chives.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes, or to taste.
Cookie topping wafer bonbon tootsie roll tart. Fruitcake topping tart caramels wafer donut topping pie pastry. This vegetarian eggplant entree features thin slices of eggplant filled with an herbed cheese mixture and a tomato sauce and cheesey topping. Place rolls, seam sides down, over sauce in dish.
Roasted Eggplant Ham/Cheese Involtini (Rolls ) instructions
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet wth foil, spray foil with non stick spray..
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, olive oil, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese,granulated garlic, pepper, italian seasoning and hot sauce..
- Brush eggplant with seasoned butter/olive oil mixture. Place on prepared pan and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Cool until cool enough to handle..
- Meanwhile prepare baking pan. Spray a shallow rimmed baking platter or dish with non stick spray. Keep oven at 425. Put a thin layer of marinara sauce on prepared pan. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- Lay eggplant flat, add a slice of cheese to cover eggplant, then top with ham..
- Roll up eggplant, enclosing ham and cheese inside..
- Place eggplant rolls, seam side down on sauce in prepared pan, Top with remainig italian cheese and top evenly with the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, herbs and red pepper flakes..
- Bake just until cheese is melted and heated through, about 7 to 10 minutes.Serve with extra sauce if desired..
Eggplant involtini stuffed with herby ricotta filling baked in rich tomato sauce is a delicious Stuffing the eggplant with an easy, flavorful cheese mixture ensures even the fussiest of eaters will Involtini is the Italian word for "rolls" and is a recipe consisting of a wrapper of sorts rolled around a filling. This involtini is one of the dishes you'll find yourself making again and again in some style or other Slice eggplant thinly, then oil and grill it The vegetable's oily blandness is perfectly countered by the salty, minty, raisin-and-pine-nut-studded filling. This Easy Eggplant Involtini recipe is a breeze to make yet keeps all of the original delicious flavors. The eggplant is baked then rolled around creamy These soft and cheesy pasta-like rolls smothered in garlic bread dip worthy tomato sauce are called Eggplant Involitini. They are my everything right now.