Aglio e Olio with blackened chicken. Delicious, quick and easy while being light on the pocket book. The Ultimate Pantry Pasta Hails from Italy. While the exact origin of spaghetti aglio e olio is murky, there's no doubt it hails from Italy.
Ingredients of Aglio e Olio with blackened chicken
- Prepare 6 of large garlic cloves sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of good evo.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh grated pecorino romano.
- It’s 3/4 lb of Angel hair.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 cup of chopped Italian parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast pounded to even thickness.
- Prepare of Blackening season (your choice) I use a mix of old bay and zatarians blackening seasoning.
Smoked Trout Salad with Grapefruit and Beets. View full nutritional breakdown of Chicken Aglio E Olio calories by ingredient. Aglio e Olio is a superb Italian restaurant in Chelsea just up the road from what used to be the Fresh pasta is their specialty; I had Pappardelle con pollo e vegetali alla griglia (pasta with chicken I was searching for nice Italian food in London and i went to Aglio e olio. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio – easy delicious pasta with shrimp, olive oil, garlic and chili flakes.
Aglio e Olio with blackened chicken step by step
- Add the garlic to the cold oil and sauté at a low simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until light golden brown, season with fresh ground black pepper mid way through..
- Drop your angel hair into the water. Make sure your pasta water is well salted. Time this step the best you can with the next step so you don’t overcook your pasta because your not going to strain the pasta rather than use tongs or a pasta utensil to transfer it right over to your pan. When you do this make sure most of the water drains off the pasta..
- While the pasta is cooking turn up the heat and add the parsley and red pepper flakes, simmer for another 5 minutes..
- Add the pasta and toss well.
- Add a 1/2 cup of the pasta water and simmer until a tight sauce has formed around the noodles. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in some fresh grated Romano, or whatever grated cheese you prefer..
- Blackened chicken-I’m not going to dictate when you cook your chicken or how. Sometimes I grill and sometimes I pan fry. Either way, I do this step first and set it at warm in the oven until I’m ready for it..
This aglio e olio recipe is as good as Italian restaurants! Aglio e olio spaghetti is also speckled with red pepper flakes, which gives the recipe a subtle heat. The oil, garlic and heat transform this simple pasta dish. Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Aglio e Olio is one of my favourite Italian pasta dishes.