Sicilian Chicken Soup.
Ingredients of Sicilian Chicken Soup
- It’s 4-5 of chicken tenders.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of celery ribs diced.
- It’s 2 of medium russet or red potatoes and diced into ½ inch diced.
- It’s 14.5 ounces of diced or diced fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves minced (I use about 7 or 8 cloves).
- It’s to taste of Pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
- You need 1-2 cups of radatorie pasta.
- You need of Seasonings.
- It’s 2 tbs of chicken soup base.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dill weed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 1/8 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.
Sicilian Chicken Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot place chicken tenders, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, diced tomatoes with their juices and then add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Over high heat bring to a boil. Then add your parsley and garlic. 1 tbs salt and pepper..
- Add the 7 seasonings..
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Let simmer until chicken is done. Remove chicken and pull apart with forks. Reduce heat to low add the chicken back to the pot and let the soup continue to simmer..
- In a medium saucepan cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside..
- Using a potato masher, mash the soup around a few times, letting some of the potatoes get a little smashed. I just mash 2-3 times and call it good. Add the noodles to the pot, stir well. Add more water if needed. Then add a little more garlic powder, salt and pepper to your taste. Serve hot and add green onions and or shredded cheese to top it off..