Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole. This Skillet Chicken Parmesan has all the same flavors as the traditional version, but is ready in much less time. Plus, everything is made in one Once the sauce comes together, nestle the chicken pieces back in the skillet and bake it quickly in the oven to finish cooking the chicken and melt the cheese. Top the Chicken Parmesan Casserole with mozzarella, Parmesan and breadcrumbs for that perfect Chicken Parm flavor and crunch.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs. (You really need the panko bread crumbs for this).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, patted dry.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of tomato basil pasta sauce (I ended up using the entire 22 oz jar, so be flexible!).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. (I use the whole bag, what's another 1/2 cup).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of shredded fresh basil (if you have it. I sprinkled a bit of dry basil seasoning on it).
Chicken Parmesan Casserole is a dish that took some convincing in our household at first. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove chicken from skillet; add to baking dish. Keyword casserole, chicken, easy, instant pot, parmesan, pasta, pressure cooker.
Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In a 10" oven proof skillet melt a tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs cook stirring frequently until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to separate small dish..
- Wipe skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter into skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and salt and cook until chicken is cooked thru, add garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes; stir and cook another minute..
- Stir in pasta sauce; heat to simmering. Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted probably 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Top with basil..
- I served this over spaghetti..
Serve chicken parmesan casserole in a bowl with sprinkled bread crumb mixture on top and enjoy! If you put the breadcrumbs and butter mixture in a little skillet on the stove and cook for a few minutes while the. Chicken Parmesan for two, in one speedy skillet with zero fuss — how can you lose? This is the ultimate weeknight meal where leftovers will be unheard of. Add bread crumbs; stir to coat in butter.