Italian Stir Fry.
Ingredients of Italian Stir Fry
- Prepare 1 packages of Italian sausages (mild, hot or sweet) cooked & browned on both sides.
- You need 1 of small or medium green pepper sliced in thin strips & then cut strips in half.
- It’s 1 of small red, yellow or white onion sliced into strips.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic, finely minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried Italian seasoning or 1 tbsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried parsley or bout 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes (do not drain).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of or whats needed of ur favorite pasta cooked & drained (i use spaghetti or rotini but used elbow mac this time).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of to 2 cups of ur favorite pasta sauce or even marinara or pizza sauce.
Italian Stir Fry step by step
- Fry ur sausages in oil in large skillet, take out when done, set aside & let rest 10 minutes.
- While ur sausages r resting saute or "stir fry" ur peppers & onions in same skillet till mostly done, add minced garlic & herbs, stir through, drain oil.
- Slice sausages diagonally about 1/4 inch thick, add peppers, onions & sliced sausages back to skillet.
- Add tomatoes & sauce to the skillet with the sausages, stir through & simmer on medium-low for bout 15 minutes or a little longer if u want thicker sauce.
- After it has cooked then taste the sauce…if it needs salt add a little. If its to tangy or sour u can add a little white sugar or I use 1 tbsp of grape jelly to balance the flavor & the slight hint of grape gives it a nice flavor…almost like red wine! Don't use any other flavor jelly, jam or preserves because u don't want chunks of fruit or seeds in ur sauce!.
- Spoon this over ur cooked pasta! Also just to let u know if u don't have or don't use pasta this is also delicious over white or brown rice! Yumminess!! Hope u all love this dish as much as we do!!.
- Just a little note so u know… This usually feeds bout 3-5 people depending on how big of an appetite they may have… U can usually get more or less servings by adjusting the amount of pasta or rice u cook but if u have a big family or big eaters then I'd suggest doubling the recipe! :).